Flu Clinics 2020 - 2021
As we head into the winter season, it is important to have your flu vaccination early to protect you from the flu and reduce your risk of catching flu and covid-19 at the same time.
There will be a Flu Clinic @ Bron Y Garn Surgery on Saturday 28 November 9am-1pm. We have a limited number of vaccines available so please book your appointment early as we are expecting an increase in demand. Log on to My Health Online or contact the surgery.
When you arrive at ‘Flu Clinic’ everything will be clearly signposted and socially distanced with staff available on hand to direct you through our one way system. Please wear a face covering to your appointment.
Who is eligible for a flu jab?
In 2020-20201 the NHS flu vaccination programme includes:
- Children aged two and three years old on 31 August 2020
- People aged 50 years and older
- If you received a shielding letter or live with someone who did
- At risk groups with longterm health problems
- Chronic chest disease eg: COPD/asthma
- Chronic heart/liver/kidney disease
- Those with weakened immune systems eg: cancer treatment
- Morbidly obese adults (BMI >40)
- Pregnant women
- Care home residents
Published: Aug 27, 2020